A Few Words About Us
The purpose of this church shall be the advancement of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ. It shall seek to attain this end through the public worship of God, the preaching of the Gospel consistent Christian living by it's members, personal evangelism, missionary endeavor, and Christian Education.
The North Athens Baptist Church is a warm and friendly church where everyone is welcome. We are a Bible-believing, Christ centered church which believes that the family is of utmost importance. As a church family we are committed to one another as well as the Lord Jesus Christ. The love of God which has touched our lives has given us a bond which draws us together as well as enables us to reach out. You are warmly invited to beome a part of this vital unit of God's universal family.
Love God, Love others, make Disciples!
Brief History of
1845 Meetings of the “Leroy Annex: of South Battle Creek Baptist church begin in homes of D.N. Williarn, S.J. Rundel, Charles Dolph, and James Winter.
1846 Ladies Aid Society formed
Aug. 23, 1848 The church is organized with 25 members.
Jan. 7, 1851 The church is legally organized with 111 members. It is now known as the First Baptist Church of Athens.
Jan. 1, 1868 The first church building is dedicated.
Jan. 11, 1868 The first meeting is held in the new building.
1876 Work begins on parsonage.
April 26, 1888 The church is incorporated.
Oct. 23, 1894 Lightning strikes the church building and it burns to the ground.
Jan. 1, 1895 A new church building is dedicated. This is the structure which now stands on the north side of M Drive South. The church is now known as North Athens Baptist
Oct. 3, 1982 Ground breaking ceremony is held and work begins on a new and larger church building on the south side of M Drive.
July 22, 1984 First meetings are held in new building with an evangelist, “Nick the Greek”.
Nov. 18, 1984 A dedication ceremony is held.
June 26, 1988 Ground breaking is held for an education wing containing several classrooms, offices and a library.